Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shoegirl Goes Blog

Well, as my name implies, I may have a slight issue with shoes. Not the kind of issue where I have 400 pairs in my closet (only because I can't afford to), but the kind where I seem to have the need to stop in every shoe store I pass. In most cities, that wouldn't be such a big deal, but in New York...well, the temptations (which I prefer to call opportunities) are endless.

And, if my obsession were limited to shoes that would be one thing, but of course, a killer outfit is not created by shoes alone. I have whole-heartedly embraced my sister obsessions with clothing, jewelry (preferably unique and handmade), and bags. Happily, I have a very patient husband who has yet to sign me up for Shopaholics Anonymous.

So, that leads me to the reason for this blog. I love all things style-oriented. I have watched every What Not To Wear ever made (but no, I am not so obsessed that I participate in the site's blogs or chat rooms). I adore Tim Gunn and think Season 2 of Guide to Style was so much better than Season 1. I don't claim to know a lot about high fashion, but I do understand what makes a body look good and that it doesn't have to cost a fortune. And I truly believe that the way you look makes a profound difference not only in the way you are perceived and approached by others, but more importantly in the way you feel about yourself.

I have no idea what this blog will become, but it was born out of my desire to share my thoughts and observations on subjects near and dear to my heart--style, shopping and of course...shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome the blogosphere, Shoe Girl. Judging by your first post, I can see you have a flair for writing while making your point humorous, short and sweet. I'll be looking forward to coming back often to see what you have to say.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete